Re: Surface Data Problems--Again!

Jim,

A little additional; NWSTG latency is at norm levels - 75second max over the
past couple of weeks, with the average of 2 seconds.  Retransmits were higher
between 1922Z and 1951Z yesterday than normal (for that period of time, they
were running 30%-40% retransmit rate), but nothing since then.  All of this
suggests the problem would be upstream . . . at the FAA drop.

Does anyone have a live NADIN II or 604 circuit to confirm this?

Stonie R. Cooper
Planetary Data, Incorporated

On Friday 20031226 16:44, James Koermer wrote:
> There still seems to be some major problems with transmitting METAR
> data, especially for the US. When we do get them, they arrive extremely
> late in the hour. I haven't seen any message traffic from the NCF
> recognizing that they have a problem, but the receipt of these data has
> not been anything close to normal since 25/2000Z via both NOAAPORT and
> IDD (from UIUC).
>
> I find it hard to believe that this kind of operational problem can go
> on so long with important observational data.
>
> Jim Koermer
> Plymouth State

  • Search the ldm-users archives: