Re: Surface Data Problems--Again!

Jim,

> There still seems to be some major problems with transmitting METAR
> data, especially for the US. When we do get them, they arrive extremely
> late in the hour. I haven't seen any message traffic from the NCF
> recognizing that they have a problem, but the receipt of these data has
> not been anything close to normal since 25/2000Z via both NOAAPORT and
> IDD (from UIUC).
>
> I find it hard to believe that this kind of operational problem can go
> on so long with important observational data.

You need to email these products to yourself...they were giving a blow-by
blow description throughout the outage:

NOUS72 KNCF 261414
ADMNCF
PLEASE PASS TO LEAD FORECASTER:

THE NCF IS AWARE OF THE CURRENT PROBLEM WITH HOURLY
OBSERVATIONS.  THE NWSTG REPORTS A CURRENT INSTABILITY.
PROGRAMMERS ARE BEING CALLED TO LOOK AT THE PROBLEM.
FURTHER DETAILS WILL BE SENT AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

NCF/KJ

NOXX01 KWBC 261555

PROGRAMMER CONTINUE TO TROUBLESHOOT SOFTWARE FAILURES
PROGRESS IS BEING MADE.
MORE INFO WILL BE GIVEN WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCES
TECH CONTROL KWBC

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: