Re: Red Hat 9 and LDM Problem

Daryl,

Thanks for the tip that fixed it. I had an error in the /etc/hosts file.
Once I corrected it, it is working fine again.

Thanks!

Mike

                      Daryl Herzmann

                      <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>        To:       Michael W Dross
<mwdross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                     cc:
ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      owner-ldm-users@unida        Subject:  Re: Red Hat 9 and
LDM Problem
                      ta.ucar.edu

                      01/09/2004 09:19 PM

Howdy,

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Michael W Dross wrote:

>Is anyone else having a problem with Red Hat 9 and the LDM ver 6?  When I
>try to launch the ldm
>the log file shows:
>
>Jan 10 01:19:10 www rpc.ldmd[3191]: Starting Up (version: 6.0.14; built:
>Jan 10 2004 00:57:23)
>Jan 10 01:19:10 www rpc.ldmd[3191]: Version 6 LDM already running on local
>host
>Jan 10 01:19:11 www rpc.ldmd[3191]: Version 5 LDM already running on local
>host
>Jan 10 01:19:11 www rpc.ldmd[3191]: Terminating process group
>

>There are no other LDM's running. rpcinfo -p indicates nothing running on
>the ldm ports.
>I have reinstalled the LDM several times and the same result. I am running
>LDM 6.0.14

I notice you had a similar report for RH8.0 and LDM in the mail archives.
Are you having issues with settings in /etc/hosts and/or
/etc/sysconfig/network ?

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/coohl/mhonarc/MailArchives/ldm/msg05538.html

What do the aforementioned files have in them?

Later,
  Daryl

--
/**