Re: Red Hat 9 and LDM Problem

Michael,

>Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 20:59:03 -0500
>From: "Michael W Dross" <mwdross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Red Hat 9 and LDM Problem

> Is anyone else having a problem with Red Hat 9 and the LDM ver 6?  When I
> try to launch the ldm
> the log file shows:
>
> Jan 10 01:19:10 www rpc.ldmd[3191]: Starting Up (version: 6.0.14; built:
> Jan 10 2004 00:57:23)
> Jan 10 01:19:10 www rpc.ldmd[3191]: Version 6 LDM already running on local
> host
> Jan 10 01:19:11 www rpc.ldmd[3191]: Version 5 LDM already running on local
> host
> Jan 10 01:19:11 www rpc.ldmd[3191]: Terminating process group
>

> There are no other LDM's running. rpcinfo -p indicates nothing running on
> the ldm ports.
> I have reinstalled the LDM several times and the same result. I am running
> LDM 6.0.14

The above error messages mean that a just-started LDM server succeeded
in creating a client-side handle for communicating with a different LDM
server on the same host.  This could happen if either

    1.  An LDM server is listening on port 388

    2.  An LDM server is registered with the portmapper server
        (e.g., rpcbind(1)).

#2 is inconsistent with your assertion regarding "rpcinfo -p"; therefore,
another LDM server must be listening on port 388.  This can be verified
with the following command on a Linux system:

    netstat -lt

> Thanks for any help,
>
> Mike Dross

Regards,