Re: CRAFT data hardware

Dual xeon, at 2.0 GHz; 2 TB RAID5 (software, under Fedora Core, but going to 3Ware 7506/12); 2 GB RAM but I may ramp that to 6 GB. We're ingesting all the sites.

Using a 1-CPU Opteron 244 (1.4 GHz) in 32-bit mode, 1TB RAID 0/1 (Promise Tech), 2 GB ram, we're also getting all sites. The Opteron would probably be happier using a 64 bit kernel but we've not had time to go there recently and earlier attempts with the Promise driver were bad. I may go s/w RAID here, too.

Chiz recently had a patched dcnexr2 that I snagged that removed some of the debugging code (I think) from the 5.7.2pl1 release version. Runs a lot happier.

I hope to have more info on the s/w RAID and dual xeon solution soon, but I'm travelling all next week and won't be able to play much!

gerry

Robert Mullenax wrote:
Can some of you that are receiving CRAFT data and using dcnexr2 to decode it
give me an idea
of what hardware setup you have (CPUS, disk, RAM) and how many sites you are
receiving.

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax

--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578

  • Search the ldm-users archives: