Re: CRAFT data hardware

> Thanks.  GEMPAK doesn't have decompress built in so we would have to at
> least decompress and keep about 12 hours or so on disk uncompressed.

I think it'd be great if GEMPAK had the decompress built in.  Does IDV
handle the compressed files?  The problem is the uncompressing does take up
a huge amount of disk space, and is extremely CPU intensive,  so you're
doing all this work on data, that you probably are only going to look at 1%
of.

-----
David Wojtowicz, Sr. Research Programmer, Sysadmin
Dept of Atmospheric Sciences / Computer Services
davidw@xxxxxxxx  (217) 333-8390

  • Search the ldm-users archives: