Re: Quick update on weather3.admin.niu.edu...

First thought... and before coffee, too... is that you're writing the queue to the same disk as your data. I've config'd all my machines to have a system partition (60 GB on up, depending on prices) and a data partition for LDM and gempak data. I write the queue to system space and the data and products to the data partition.

Gerry

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
Weather3 is back up and running, and feeding weather2 at this time.

At this point, I think I have a good idea of what is happening, as well as NOT knowing what is happening.

Whenever I set the LDM queue to 400 MB (by default), it doesn't like it. Set it under 300 MB...and it is happy.

This is happening on weather2 and weather3, even though they are identical but separate machines. With 1.5 GB of RAM and 250 GB disk space...hmmm. Weird. Yet, this is not happening on weather, with 80 GB disk space and 2 GB RAM. Weather2 and Weather3 have IDE drives; Weather has SCSI with a RAID.

You tell me what's wrong. I dunno. In any case, with the lower queue,
weather3 seems to be stable. Let me give it one more day to make sure.
Otherwise, weather2 is humming along fine. Keep feeding from that.

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173

  • Search the ldm-users archives: