Re: Quick update on weather3.admin.niu.edu...

  • Subject: Re: Quick update on weather3.admin.niu.edu...
  • From: Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:13:28 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Gerry,

> First thought... and before coffee, too... is that you're writing the
> queue to the same disk as your data.  I've config'd all my machines to
> have a system partition (60 GB on up, depending on prices) and a data
> partition for LDM and gempak data.  I write the queue to system space
> and the data and products to the data partition.

In private conversations with Tom and Kevin Thomas, I am now suspecting
bad RAM. I am going to go that route first...have it replaced...and then
see what happens. I thought it was happening on weather2 as well, but now
that I think about it, it may have been a corrupt queue. In either case,
we'll see if this does the trick. It's under warranty, thank goodness! :-)

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: