Re: parse products using AWIPS ID?

You need to add a .*/pRTPAPX  which filters the PIL id.

This should work.

DDPLUS      ^ASUS63 KAPX ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-5][0-9]).*/pRTPAPX

Mike

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           James T Brown        |
|         |           <brownja@xxxxxxx>    |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           owner-ldm-users@unida|
|         |           ta.ucar.edu          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           06/29/2004 06:33 PM  |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->

  |       To:       ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                  |
  |       cc:
                                                  |
  |       Subject:  parse products using AWIPS ID?

LDM Users:

I am currently using the LDM and "pqact.conf" to capture
various Temperature & Precipitation, Weather Summary and
Weather Roundup products provided by the National Weather
Service.  On July 1, some of the WMO IDs and AWIPS IDs
are going to change and I am currently editing my
"pqact.conf" file to reflect the planned changes.

So far, everything in my "pqact.conf" file seems to use
regular expressions based on the first line (WMO Header)
of the product, but I am not aware of a way to also
filter based on the 2nd line (AWIPS ID).  Is it possible
to filter based on the AWIPS ID or will I have to pipe
the product into a script and do this on my own?

The reason I ask this is it looks like some of the
changes are going to send products currently being
sent using two different WMO Headers as products
with the same WMO Header, but different AWIPS Id.

For example:

Temperature Precipitation - Regional: Gaylord, MI

   Current: ASUS63 KAPX ddhhmm
            RTPAPN

   July 1:  ASUS63 KAPX ddhhmm
            RTPAPX

Temperature Precipitation - MAX/MIN: State of Michigan

   Current: ABUS21 KAPX ddhhmm
            STPMI

   July 1:  ASUS63 KAPX ddhhmm
            RTPMI

If I am reading the Service Change Notice correctly, you
can see that as of Jul 1, 2004 two different products will
be sent with the same WMO Header, the difference is noted
by the AWIPS ID.

I should be able to use "PIPE" to send to a perl script,
but if the "pqact.conf" file is able to filter based on
the AWIPS ID, that would save me a little trouble.

Thanks.

Jim

James T. Brown
UNIX Systems Administrator