Re: Interesting feature on LDM 6.4.7.5

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Steve Emmerson wrote:

Gilbert,

I wondered if you were going to comment on this beta release.  :-)

I was going to get around to it someday... ;-)

And in case you're wondering, significantly inaccurate clocks really do degrade the performance of the LDM and can even result in incorrect behavior (e.g., product loss!).

Everyone, if you have a considered opinion on this matter, now might be a good time to express it.

I absolutely think this is a great idea. Not only for the sake of LDm and incoming/outgoing data. An incorrect clock can cause malfunctions with other programs, even the OS...and can show symptoms of a problem that you may not normally look for. Bad clock battery, something wrong with your NTP configuration...I for one applaud this decision. And it may should help solve a few problems before anyone else notices.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: