Re: Interesting feature on LDM 6.4.7.5

Michael,

As it stands right now, two messages are logged for each data-product that's inserted into the product-queue whose creation-time is far enough into the future (about 30 seconds) to cause problems. I could log fewer messages, but at the risk of not identifying origination-sites with bad clocks.

I'll see if I can reduce the number without incurring the risk.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Michael Dross wrote:
I think that now with the ease in which we are able to sync clocks with
ntpd and other utilities, logging is perfectly acceptable. If the log files rotate as they should, then
filling up of disk shouldn't be an issue.

I would only spew a incorrect time error in the log file at the startup
and every hour or so, not every minute.
Thanks for your work Steve,

Mike

  • Search the ldm-users archives: