RE: Just a warning/reminder...

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Robert Mullenax wrote:

If I wee giving advice to novice LDM users or those that wear about 10 different hats (like me)..I'd say if it is working just fine then just leave it alone..unless Unidata comes out and flat out says that it is a MUST upgrade from the pre 6.5 distros.

I agree with most everything you said except for two things: Early versions of LDM 6 had two security flaws with it. And with 6.6.5, if your primary feed site goes down, it flawlessly flips to your backup site(s) that you tell it to. That alone should be worth the upgrade if you are an ingest or relay site.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: