[ldm-users] Update on weather2.admin.niu.edu

Despite reloading the OS, a 45 day old backup, my new weather2.admin.niu.edu machine has crashed again. When I booted off the XEN kernel, it gave me an error that the "SATA controller is down". That's a new one to me, but I'm guessing it's a hard drive, and not a good thing(tm). I am heading out of town on Saturday, I hope---if it's a hard drive problem---to get a new one shipped to me next week, but they may want me to ship the old one back first. Either way, it looks like weather2 is going to be down for 9-10 more days. It might be longer, as a 500,000 pound meteor was last seen heading for my office, and a bunch of old-time country music singers were gathering outside my office furiously writing new songs about all of this. ;-D

Sorry, I have to laugh at hardware foibles sometimes. I am grateful, however, my new weather.admin.niu.edu is up, and so is weather3. Continue to feed from those machines, and hope nothing else happens until I get back.

Gilbert

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: