[ldm-users] GFS grid #002 (192-384 hours)

This is not really an LDM question, so sorry for the SPAM.  I am having trouble
getting GFS grid #002 files from ftpprd and decoding them with GEMPAK.  I was
wondering if anyone is having problems with that on CONDUIT as well?

I am getting files of this form:

get gfs.t${FCST}z.pgrbf${HR}.grib2

The files out to 180 hours (Grid #003) seem to be fine, but after I ftp the
#002 files and try to decode them I get:

331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your password.
230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
200 Type set to I
Interactive mode on.
250 CWD command successful
200 PORT command successful
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for gfs.t00z.pgrbf204.grib2 (3481764
bytes)
226 Transfer complete.
3481764 bytes received in 40 seconds (85.84 Kbytes/s)
221 Goodbye.
 Opening WMO Originating Center Table wmocenter.tbl...
 Opening WMO GRIB2 Parameter Table g2varswmo2.tbl...
 Opening WMO GRIB2 Vertical Coordinate Table g2vcrdwmo2.tbl...
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 Opening Local GRIB2 Parameter Table g2varsncep1.tbl...
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!
 WARNING:  ST_NULL - Output string too small; input string truncated!

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax
CSBF Meteorology

  • Search the ldm-users archives: