[ldm-users] Weather.admin.niu.edu down...and looking for ideas.

Hello all,

The LDM on weather.admin.niu.edu is down. Even though it is a brand spanking new machine, a Core 2 quad core Q6700 processor, and even though it runs less hard than weather2 or weather3, I get kernel errors after 4-18 hours that says "journal I/O error", which then proceeds to crash the machine. I have replaced the hard drive twice after the original, and it's doing this on two separate machines, the latter offline. I am running Fedora 7, fully patched. Any ideas, I'm all ears. Could it be that the kernel is buggy because it's on hardware that hasn't been fully tested, or something else?

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: