Re: [ldm-users] Weather.admin.niu.edu down...and looking for ideas.

Hey Gilbert,

Can you give any more info on how you installed Fedora? For example, are you running the install off media (CD) or alternate means? What installation type are you using? I'm assuming since it's a new machine, you directly installed Fedora 7, as opposed to upgrading from any previous versions, correct? etc.

I believe the problem is with how you installed Fedora 7, which is a common problem, as opposed to hardware related issues.

Thanks,
Chris

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
Hello all,

The LDM on weather.admin.niu.edu is down. Even though it is a brand spanking new machine, a Core 2 quad core Q6700 processor, and even though it runs less hard than weather2 or weather3, I get kernel errors after 4-18 hours that says "journal I/O error", which then proceeds to crash the machine. I have replaced the hard drive twice after the original, and it's doing this on two separate machines, the latter offline. I am running Fedora 7, fully patched. Any ideas, I'm all ears. Could it be that the kernel is buggy because it's on hardware that hasn't been fully tested, or something else?

|| Chris Gidley        Computer Systems Administrator ||
|| The STORM Project      University of Northern Iowa ||
|| WEB    : www.uni.edu/storm                         ||
|| E-MAIL : chris.gidley@xxxxxxx                      ||
|| OFFICE : LAT 206B                                  ||
|| PHONE  : (319) 273-3789                            ||

  • Search the ldm-users archives: