[ldm-users] Fedora 7 Installs Redux

Looks like each of you has many of my experiences! I simply thought it was my clumsy thumbs and too-much-in-a-hurry attitude. Now, I'm not sure. All that I can say is that coping with installs and the need for OS stability has taught me too much about system administration!

Until or through FC 5 I was in Fedora heaven. Core 6 and Fedora 7 have changed that. Too much bloat, too much stuff I really don't need.

It makes me remember that boyhood trip to the Gulf Building in Pittsburgh, PA where the "Weather Bureau" had offices full of mercury thermometers and barometers! There was probably only one light switch and two electrical receptacles!

Thanks again for all the response. It helps to compare my experience with others and find I have similar experiences.

Michael Allen

  • Search the ldm-users archives: