Re: [ldm-users] SFUK30/31 EGRR bulletins no longer appearing

As a follow-up, below is the relevant portion of an email that I received regarding this issue from a colleague @ the UK Met Office.

--Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator               **********************
Dept. of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences           ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University at Albany, ES-235                    518-442-4578 (voice)
1400 Washington Avenue                          518-442-5825 (fax)
Albany, NY 12222                                **********************

In Dec we went over to a new and improved lightning detection system.
The old one was switched off, and no replacement has been put in place
for these WMO messages. Apparently there is no commitment on us, from
WMO, to provide a replacement. However given the large number of
enquiries we are apparently now looking into providing some sort of
alternative, though I couldn't get any timescales on this. Anyway your
email has been passed on to be added to the pot with the others, so at
some point you should hopefully hear back.