Re: [ldm-users] 20080226: Anyone running Fedora 8, and getting syslogd to work?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Tom Yoksas wrote:

Syslog is installed on my new Fedora 8 system on weather3.admin.niu.edu,
which I just replaced today (I saw everyone was over onto weather2, so I
declined to send out a notice). There's an rsyslogd, but not a syslogd.

Yup.

Anyone have any experience with this, and how to fix it? LDM seems to be
working fine...but I'd like to be able to tell. :-)

Yes.  Make the following change to the 'configure' script in the
LDM source directory:

How about I just wait until the new version of LDm comes out?

If you havn't already done so, you need to make the same entries in
/etc/rsyslog.conf as you did in pre-Fedora 8 /etc/syslog.conf

Yes, I noticed this. Done it, and lo and behold, everything is
logging again, but to get it working really right...

Just so you know: the code mods needed for Fedora 8 have been folded
into an as yet unreleased version of the LDM.  Steve will be making
a release of that new version in the not too distant future.

...I'll be looking forward to Steve's update. Tom, Patrick, many thanks for getting me back on track after a "Gotcha!". :-)

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: