Re: [ldm-users] alternate feed request

Mike, all,

bigbird.tamu.edu is currently set up to allow feeds without intervention from any .edu host. There are some restrictions on feedtypes we get but we can work with you on some of those, too, if needed. You likely know who you are.

gerry

James Murakami wrote:
Hi Mike,

Just send me your list of users, and I'll add them to the ldmd.conf. The computer is "hook.atmos.ucla.edu".

James

James Murakami
Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565

   e-mail: tenki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
telephone: 310-825-2418
      Fax: 310-206-5219

Mike Voss wrote:

Hi LDM'ers,

I have a few folks I feed data to from "rossby.met.sjsu.edu", who do not have "alternate" feeds setup. I'd like to help them get these setup 1) in case my machine goes down of course, and 2) if need to do more than a few minutes of maintenance at some point, I can be confident these downstream sites will continue to receive data.

If anyone can add "allow" entries, I'd appreciate some help. I can send the "allow" entries you would need to add to your ldmd.conf. This is generally much less than the full compliment of UNIDATA IDD data, and only an alternate feed. Feel free to email offline.

Thanks a bunch,

-Mike

Mike Voss
Department of Meteorology