Re: [ldm-users] FNMOC LDM data feed

Hello All:

Sorry I have not been keeping everyone posted with information regarding the
FNMOC LDM feed.

I wish I had better news.  The old server hardware crashed and it is not
feasible to resuscitate the system.

New hardware already exists and is in the process of being deployed.  This has
proven to be more problematic than expected due to IT security concerns.  The
good news, these concerns have been addressed and work is proceeding.

At this time, I hesitate to give a firm deadline. Our official transition date
for the new servers is September 1, but I am hoping we can get LDM
disseminating data from the new servers within a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, the only fallback is the ftp site at
usgodae2.usgodae.org:pub/outgoing/fnmoc/models ... though after Bob's e-mail
(below), I see that is having a problem at the moment too.  I will try to get
that fixed.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Mark