Re: [ldm-users] LDM, McIDAS and more under Centos 5.2 or something else?

Hi Gilbert,

I can't vouch for the stability of all that you are trying to run, but we have pretty much standardized our Linux environment on CentOS 5.2 here and have found it to be very stable. No issues with LDM or McIDAS to report. 32 and 64-bit systems both run fine. CentOS is supported as far back as version 2, so I think it will be around and supported for quite a while.

I have just installed Fedora 10 on my personal office desktop machine, but haven't played around too much with it yet. We moved away from Fedora a couple of years ago because we found its update cycles too aggressive and really not fit for a "quasi"operational environment such as ours here @ UAlbany.

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator               **********************
Dept. of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences           ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University at Albany, ES-235                    518-442-4578 (voice)
1400 Washington Avenue                          518-442-5825 (fax)
Albany, NY 12222                                **********************