Re: [ldm-users] LDM, McIDAS and more under Centos 5.2 or something else?

On Monday 26 January 2009, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Gurus, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. All Linux options are
> on the table.

Since no one else has suggested it, I'll note that we run Debian on most
of our backend machines here, and have been quite happy with it.  It's
generally stable, and as long as you don't mind the slowish release
cycle, has just about any GPL'd software you might want installable
from apt.

RHEL is just starting to catch up, with yum, to where Debian has been
for well over 10 years.

Pat
--
Purdue University Research Computing --  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcac