Re: [ldm-users] CentOS 5.2 on weatherx.admin.niu.edu

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
Well, after a few fits, weather2.admin.niu.edu and weather3.admin.niu.edu are now up and running on CentOS 5.2. I had to find icecast and darkice packages for audio streaming on the 'net...and I actually had to compile Icecast from a source RPM, as well as Jasper thanks to Pete, and McIDAS with help from Tom Yoksas, but by golly it all works. I plan to take this server, my main one, weather.admin.niu.edu down on Monday, and if I have time, I'm going to try to get to my NOAAport server today to switch that one over...since it's not running windows...nor much of anything but the LDM...it should be pretty easy to do.

Famous last words. ;-) Thanks, all, for your help...now I need to figure out how to upgrade to 5.3 when it comes out by using yum as some have suggested.

Gilbert,

Just do a 'yum update' every so often. An upgrade to 5.3 should be no more painful than applying the latest openssl patch when it comes out.

It'll be mainly bug fixes and security fixes, but the library versions, etc will remain the same, so nothing should break.

Pete