Re: [ldm-users] NOAAport down

yeah it wasn't a pretty sight, all my Level 3 incoming was bright red
http://level3.michiganwxsystem.net/radarstat.php

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 14:21 -0500, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
Nothing from my satellite dish since 18:35 Z. Checked other sites,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu with it's round-robin of failovers, COD's satellite
dish, nada. With redundant dishes on the left coast, I fail to believe
this could be a sun outage...

Wait, it's kind of back up...just got this message...

NOUS71 KNCF 161917
ADANCF
.
THE SBN PROVIDER HAS DETERMINED THERE TO BE AN INTERFERENCE WITH
THE AWIPS SATELLITE TRANSPONDER.  CURRENTLY THERE IS NO SBN TRAFFIC.
.
WE ARE WORKING TO ISOLATE/ELIMINATE THE INTERFERENCE AND RESUME
SIGNAL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  ADDITIONAL UPDATES WILL BE SENT AS
AVAILABLE.

We received no data for about 40 minutes.  We're getting data now (started
about 1920Z) but its very noisy.   The BER is in the 10e-3 range.

Daniel Vietor Mail: devo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unisys Corp Title: Engineer/Meteorologist
2476 Swedesford Rd Phone: 610-648-3623
Malvern PA 19355 Fax: 610-695-5524