Re: [ldm-users] understanding the PIPE action

Thanks to Daryl and all,
I will leave it the way I currently have it set,
LDM writes it to a file, then fires off the php script to do
with it what is needed, I thought maybe I could eliminate
a step but probably not ..

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009, Jeffrey Lake - Admin wrote:

> I am attempting to get a hold of the PIPE action in LDM.
> here is what I have as a test in my pqact.conf
> #TEST
> DDPLUS[tab] ^.*/pSVR
> [tab]PIPE[tab]decoders/test.sh
> and the test.sh script
> #!/bin/sh
> php /usr/local/ldm/decoders/test.php "$1"

LDM pipes the product over STDIN for the script and works much like how
the UNIX pipe command (|) works.  You can test this outside of LDM by
simply doing so:

cat SVR.txt | php test.php SVR

I have never read stdin with PHP, so perhaps you can use your shell script
wrapper to help out.

#!/bin/sh

# Place STDIN into this file
cat > /tmp/tmpfile.$$
php /usr/local/ldm/decoders/test.php "$1" "/tmp/tmpfile.$$"

daryl

--
/**
  * Daryl Herzmann