Re: [ldm-users] Level 2 radar issues from NWS CRH, and ARSR-4 site data?

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

Hi Tim,

Level2 radar data from Central Region appears to be going out in duplicate, with the second copy of the file delayed by up to an hour. This is only happening with NWS Central Region sites; other regions are fine. Can those delayed duplicates be shut off? This started with network maintenance last night at CR; they said they were going to do work from 9 PM to midnight, and as they announced it was completed, that's when the trouble started.

Actually, I take some of that back. Upon further investigation,
that's when the delays of one of the duplicate level 2 feeds started. I noticed over the past few weeks my hard drives were more full of level 2 data than normal. I can now say that the bandwidth of level 2 data doubled between 13Z-14Z on Tuesday, June 22. It is entirely possible that I have been receiving a duplicate feed since that point, and only now have noticed it with one feed being off of real-time.

Can you check into that as well?

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: