From: ldm-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ldm-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Blair Trosper
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:28 PM
To: ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ldm-users] bigbird is down

Our server in California is (well, was, until this morning) fed by bigbird.
I've tried having it feed from our server in Florida which is
functional...the two are connected to each other, the routes are set up, and
a netstat show them as "ESTABLISHED" on 388 to each other, but they're not
exchanging data.

Baffling, still is that when I run this from the California server that's
not receiving IDS|DDPLUS, even though the permissions and connections are
set up:

notifyme -vxl- -f ANY -h ldm1-fl1.wxdata.us -o 3600

...it starts to receive the IDS|DDPLUS data.  I've no idea what I've done
wrong here.  The networking/Linux/LDM guru is on holiday break here.  The
Florida server is allowing ANY to our California server.  The California
server is requesting IDS|DDPLUS.  They're both connected, but no data is
going back and forth.  There's also no immediate discernable cause in the
log, either.

If anyone can help me with that issue, maybe something I've missed (checked
routes, iptables, hosts, firewall, etc) I would be grateful.

Also, if anyone can temporarily lend an ALLOW entry for IDS|DDPLUS for our
California server in the mean-time, I would also appreciate it.  We'd be
happy to reciprocate from the Florida server if you like.

Thanks,

Blair Trosper
blair.trosper@xxxxxxxxx
281.804.3892