Re: [ldm-users] Time (Re: bigbird is down

Peter Laws wrote:
Michael Dross wrote:
My first guess, would be to insure that the date/times are correct on each
server. This is one problem that can prevent data from
flowing from one ldm to another.

Yes, and there really isn't any reason NOT to have your system's clock be more than a few ms off UTC.

Unidata has added routines to LDM to try to prevent this from being a problem (thanks!).

The best answer, though, is to configure NTP when you build the system ... *any* system.

If you can't find what you need to do that at http://www.ntp.org/, please email me and I would be happy to help you get your system(s) configured.

Peter
(time geek not Time Lord)

+1

I config ntp on all systems I bring up.

Also, please note that ldmtime.tamu.edu is available as a resource for LDM users. I think I mentioned this before, but I wanted to reiterate, and Peter gave such a nice opening!

gerry

  • Search the ldm-users archives: