Re: [ldm-users] centos 5.4

>help...
>all of a sudden one of my LDM installs is logging the following
>/bin/sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
>I have spent the last 10hrs with Google trying everything I found
>to raise LDM's max process's from 20
>
>anybody got any idea's???
>

>                   Jeff Lake
>                   MichiganWxSystem.com
>                   WeatherMichigan.net

Jeff...

There may be too many processes already running on your system by "ldm" or
all the users.

You might monitor things with "top".  It's possible there is code something
like this:

        A:      run something
                if error, goto A

Code like this is an intense loop if there error always occurs, and is very
hard go kill off, especially if "run something" spawns a new jobs.  For
scripts like this, I always put in a "sleep 2" to allow a human to get a
hold of things.

You can tell if you see the same names over and over with "top", but the
process ID changes.

If there doesn't seem to be very many, you might look around to see if your
system has been hacked.  Hackers will replace things like "ps" and "top" so
you can't see what really is going on.

You can always try a reboot and see if that fixes things.

        Kevin W. Thomas
        University of Oklahoma
        Norman, Oklahoma
        Email:  kwthomas@xxxxxx