Re: [ldm-users] Log rotation

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 17:33 -0500, Gerry Creager wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Experience has shown that SELinux and LDM were not, in the past,
> friends. I'd also argue that, unless you're with NSA, it's likely not
> needed for most LDM machines.  Enforcing SELinux has caused me all sorts
> of issues in the past, with few identifiable benefits.

I'll second that.  SELinux is OK for a desktop system (email, web, word
processing) or a file server but it is unusable for most other
applications.   At least now, there is a way to configure it to allow
certain things but getting that to work can be painful.  I find if
you're not making the computer publicly accessible (i.e. remote login
from the world), you don't need that level of security.   So why go
through the pain to try and enable SELinux.

Daniel Vietor
Mail: devo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unisys Corp
Title: Engineer/Meteorologist