Re: [ldm-users] Feedtype confusion

On 04/29/10 13:26, Steve Emmerson wrote:
On 04/29/2010 11:20 AM, daryl herzmann wrote:
In that case, you really should use slightly different feed requests to
keep LDM from bouncing back and forth.  For example

REQUEST EXP upstream ".*"
REQUEST EXP upstream2 "(.*)"

It's your call, but you should know that doing this will double the
bandwidth usage.

Not clear to me which end this would be on. Would my downstream clients do that? They are - that's why we have two servers. They point at both ingest systems for redundancy.

If I'm to do that, presumably for redundancy, what would be the 2nd system upstream? Currently, we pull most stuff from idd.unidata.ucar.edu (and some other products from other servers). Should I add a 2nd one? If so, who?

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws@xxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: