[ldm-users] Obtaining observed rainfall data in XMRG format

We are running LDM and have been getting our data from a National
Weather Service feed using a feed type of EXP. Around December of 2009
something changed with the data that are being fed on that feed type and
we are no longer getting the gridded rainfall data in  XMRG format. My
understanding is that the data are still being produced but are being
served via a different feed type. Because of the recent flooding in
Nashville, the NWS folks have been too busy to help me solve the
problem. Consequently, I wonder if anyone can tell me what the
appropriate feed type is for the observed rainfall XMRG data. Also, is
there any on-line source where I can manually retrieve XMRG files for
the area that covers northern Ohio? We are using the rainfall data in a
model to forecast bacterial conditions at some Lake Erie swimming
beaches and would like to have it working for the Memorial-day weekend.

Thanks

Greg Koltun (gfkoltun@xxxxxxxx)
Hydrologist

U.S. Geological Survey
Ohio Water Science Center
6480 Doubletree Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43229-1111

TEL: (614) 430-7708
FAX: (614) 430-7777

[Opinions expressed are my own and may not reflect those of my employer]
  • Search the ldm-users archives: