Re: [ldm-users] 20100620: RCM??

Thanks to all that replied..
I took a stab the HRS was HDS and modified my pqact line

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

re:
>anybody got an idea where the RCM (Radar Coded Messages) are hidden?

The RCM messages are in the HDS (aka HRS) datastream.

re:
>I did a search, came across a post from 99 saying they are in the HRS??
>I don't see HRS listed as a feedtype..  So where are they ??

HRS is the same as HDS.  It is listed as an 'Alternate Name' for HDS in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/feedtypes/

>added them to my NEXRAD3 pqact as they have a slightly different header..
>but haven't seen them..

The easiest way to figure out which feed a particular product is in
is by using the LDM utility 'notifyme':

notifyme -vl- -f ANY -p RCM -o 3600

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*

  • Search the ldm-users archives: