Re: [ldm-users] LDM with queue in memory only, without a file on disk

  • To: Stephen Sinnis <ssinnis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] LDM with queue in memory only, without a file on disk
  • From: daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:57:17 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, Stephen Sinnis wrote:

I was wondering if it is possible to have a diskless queue for LDM.

Our Primary servers only relay data and in theory the actions do not need to have I/O access to disk. If we could avoid the disk I/O it would speed things up for us.

Hello,

You can place the ldm.pq file in /dev/shm , just note that it will disappear when you reboot unless you manually copy it around. If you have many other processes chewing up memory, you should check to make sure kswapd is not running a lot. For if you are swapping a lot, having the queue file in shared memory probably did not gain you anything and could actually hurt performance.

daryl

  • Search the ldm-users archives: