Re: [ldm-users] dvb1.ssec clock problems??`

I run IO-intensive and large ldm.pq systems on real hardware. Honestly, that's everything I've got right now, which comprises 8 systems. I experimented on Xen about 2 years ago and had problems with significant delays and queue exhaustion. I considered the experiment a failure and went on.

Bigbird and Sasquatch are on real hardware with 12GB of physical RAM, but the next upgrade will take each to 24 GB of RAM and 10Gbe interfaces facing the outside world. My internal processing machines are more modest, but the systems doing radar image creation are also pretty hefty to keep up with the load.

I'm a fan of virtualizing where it makes sense, but not more than that.

Gerry

Michael Dross wrote:
I run our LDM / NOAAPORT ingest on a HP DL380 G6 along with 6 other VM's running for about a year and have had no problems what so ever. I have migrated to virtualizing a lot of servers that do not require a lot of performance or disk I/O over the past year or so. It saves on power bills and makes administrating the system much easier.
-Mike