Re: [ldm-users] LDM on Mac OS X

Hi,

I was looking around a little bit and couldn't find an example
I could use.  The Apple bug report isn't visible except to
anyone outside of Apple except perhaps those who reported it.  Do
you know where I could find a copy of that bug report?  I'm thinking
if I can reproduce some kind of error, I might be able to submit a
separate bug report of my own.  I might just try more experimenting
with some of the code from APUE2e.  I already tried compiling some
of their examples and looping, but the available examples are a
little different so I'll have to edit those and try running them
again.

http://www.apuebook.com/

It's funny that I mentioned SQLite file locking in an earlier
email.  It turns out that Apple themselves had been having a
problem with the fcntl$UNIX2003 in their own Aperture software,
and it has to do with their use of SQLite which, of course, is
a bit buggy on Mac OS X.  It looks to me that they must have done
some kind of hack-around on Aperture instead of fixing the kernel
level locking.

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=5978074

I haven't looked inside of SQLite myself.  Maybe Apple submitted
something to those maintainers that works around the problem.

Thanks,
Richard Ryan

Steve Emmerson wrote:
Richard,

Let me know if I should do this after reading my earlier reply on what
I've already done.

--Steve