[ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu update

The massive power surge that hit here on Wednesday claimed equipment for
our Internet2 connection, which is going in and out. And, since this
morning, the campus network has gone down completely twice. You should
have failovers, but if you're wondering why your log files are larger than
usual because of errors from my servers, that's why. We definitely took
damage from this one, as one of my UPS's has noted 34 "events" so far triggering action (but many were probably before this happened). I estimate weather3.admin.niu.edu will be back up on new hard drives late next week or early the following week. I apologize for the inconveniences.

BTW, rumors that the power line actually yelled "This one's for Gerry
Creager!" before it went to ground are patently untrue. At least that's
what I want you to think. ;-) ;-D

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: