Re: [ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu update/outage

Our main Internet/I2 gets routed through FermiLab, and a major power surge there around 16Z Thursday destroyed some equipment, including the equipment from which we get our primary connections.

The replacement equipment came in last night, and was replaced between 4 AM and 6 AM local time this morning, and we are back up as of 11Z (6 AM LT) this morning.

And the scientists there have been warned NOT to plug in their electric razors into the particle accelerator again, for an "incredibly close shave". ;-) ;-) ;-)

(But in all seriousness, I give serious kudos to Fermilab for working to get that mess fixed up and replaced ASAP for us! Thanks guys!)

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: