Re: [ldm-users] problems with product queue - ldm.pq

If you stop LDM, you can delete the file using 'ldmadmin delqueue' but then, for the LDM application to run again, you have to execute 'ldmadmin mkqueue' If you use 'ldmadmin mkqueue -f' instead it will take a little less time.

Once the product queue is created and has reached its normal, configured size, it will not grow. It's essentially a fixed length file.

You would want to make sure the product queue is of sufficient size to not drop products.

One problem often encountered is that a lot of the 'whitespace' in the pqact.conf file needs to be tabs.

If you want to send the file as an attachment directly to me, I will make sure the tabs are in the right spot. If the pqact program is expecting tabs and sees spaces, it will not process the directive correctly.

gerry

Carina Padilha wrote:
Hi Gilbert and Daryl

Thanks for your fast answer. Yes, I am using LDM 6.8.1. I changed the file ldmadmin-pl.conf to $pq_size = "4G", because I am ingesting data from CONDUIT (GFS model). The ldm.pq file has around 4 G (4 075 618 304), that is why I want to delete it. "This 'file' can be thought of as a rotating queue of data slots where products are inserted, deleted, etc as the running LDM processes see fit." Then, I can't modify it, the products will go out of the file just by LDM, and it will be always around 4 G? One more question: so, the size of this file will not disturb the ingestion of data by LDM? I am asking this because I had problems to receive data from CONDUIT (GFS 12hs) and I thought that maybe the problem was the size of the file ldm.pq. Using ldmadmin watch, I saw that the model was acessed correctly, but the folder at my machine (order in pqact) was empty.
The lines of pqact:
CONDUIT ^/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs\.(.*)/gfs\.t..z\.pgrb2f(.*) !grib2/ncep/GFS/#000/(.*)!
    FILE    /usr/local/ldm/data/modelos/NCEP/GFS/50km/GFS50_\1.grib2

Thanks a lot