[ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu outage

At 19:08Z (1:08 PM CST), a power line shorted and knocked out 6 buildings on the east side of caqmpus. At 22:08 Z (4:08 PM CST), we came back up. At 4:45 PM, I restarted my systems.

Much of campus networking is on backup systems or not on at all. I have no idea if Internet 2 is up, but speedtest.net gives me 100 megs, so I'm golden, I think. Anyway, I apologize for the outage. More might be coming, as I have been told, as the power is unstable. They say the full resolution of the issues won't occur until tomrorow night at the earliest.

Anyone feeding from my noaaport server experienced an outage but campus networking came back before our power did in my building. The NOAAport system wasn't affected at all, except it couldn't be accessed for a while.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: