Re: [ldm-users] NOAAport update...aka "Fun Friday"...

I've had my coffee (decaf, granted), but I'm still confused.

G-5, the rogue satellite (NOAA product generator, note spelling :-), has it's transponders on and is transmitting.

Hauppauge (where the PC TV tuners are grown) is in the footprint of G-15, but Hawai'i is not.

what I don't get is how the fact that NY is receiving G-15's signal affects its ability to uplink to SES-1. And because HI is not receiving the rogue signal how does that make uplinking different?

If G-15 was interfering with SES-1's ability to *hear* NY, that would be one thing, but how would transmitting from HI make that better?

Peter