Re: [ldm-users] NOAAport to go back to "normal" power levels at 7Z tonight

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

Rats. Darn. See below. And to see what that does to reception,
check out:

http://www.opennoaaport.net:8025 , or...

http://noaaport.admin.niu.edu:8025

anytime tomorrow. Those should be very interesting and telling graphs.

I apologize for the double post...go to these sites NOW and see
what has happened to the carrier to noise ratio. Something is wrong
with the primary uplink. Signal strength dropped significantly and the most important Carrier to Noise (C/N) ratio dropped significantly
on both Jose Nieves' (first link above) and my receiver (second link).
This without even lowering power on SES-1. Is interference causing the
signal drop?

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: