[ldm-users] 20101228: re: NOAAPort ingest/LDM-6 update

Hi Robert,

Gilbert said:
>And the next big thing is...we're just a hair over two months away
>from NOAAport's big change to DVB-S2...I'm ready.

You asked:
>Does this imply that an upgrade to the latest LDM release is recommended
>for the switch to DVB-S2?

There is no specific tie-in to the upcoming NOAAPort transition from
DVS-S to DVB-S2 ** except ** that our NOAAPort ingest package has
releases that are specific to LDM releases:

noaaport-1.5.x <-> LDM 6.9.x+
noaaport-1.4.x <-> LDM 6.4.x - LDM 6.8.1

Sites using our NOAAPort ingest package that wish to upgrade to the latest
LDM-6 release will need to start using the noaaport-1.5.x distribution(s).
Sites that want to continue using LDM-6.8.1- will need to keep using
noaaport-1.4.x.

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                           http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/ *

  • Search the ldm-users archives: