Re: [ldm-users] solid state drive(s) for ldm?

  • To: Bret Whissel <bwhissel@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] solid state drive(s) for ldm?
  • From: Neil Smith <neils@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:00:41 -0500
Thanks Bret.

I'm curious about your classroom experience, if any, with the model selection
window in garp. We're seeing 30+ sec. waits for garp to read in all files in
the model directory before presenting the list of available times. This after
it has read in the oldest file in the directory as a template for the other
files (or so it seems when running garp in verbose mode). The performance does
not suggest caching is being done to advantage when 20 students are selecting
the model selection window at roughly the same time.

One may presume classroom garp usage to be history in about a year, but I'm not
sure the problem will not still be around in some form or the other.

-Neil