[ldm-users] bigbird (again)

I am considering rebuilding bigbird's OS this morning. It's showing signs of flaking, and is pretty well out of date.

PLEASE make sure you have another fail-over site, either sasquatch or another, set up in your ldmd.conf REQUEST lines.

Also:
I'm working on creating a cluster similar to the IDD cluster Unidata has. When that happens, I'll be moving all sites to the consolidated address (idd.tamu.edu) and will have 3 nodes talking via 10gigabit to the world... There should not be a bandwidth problem. At that point, bigbird and sasquatch will become the aggregator nodes behind the cluster and no longer accessible to the outside world.

An additional set of warnings will come out as the construction progresses.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

gerry
--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983

  • Search the ldm-users archives: