Re: [ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu unplanned outage

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

Hello everyone who feed from weatherx.admin.niu.edu,

Our campus network connections:

http://mrtg.niu.edu

Had a big failure around 18:10Z. Until this is resolved, you should be feeding from your backup sites. Our IT folks are working the issue
but have no ETA of resolution. My apologies for any inconvenience.

We're still essentially down, but I just found out somebody played Edward Scissorhands and sliced and diced some fiber optic cable to smithereens near Chicago. When that gets fixed, we'll be back up and running. We are on a backup slow commodity Internet connection, and our IT department, last I checked, has the ability to increase that to 500 mb/sec. But for some reason, they haven't done that yet. If and when they do, that would also solve our issue. Stay tuned.

Gilbert

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/niu.weather                           *