Re: [ldm-users] NOAAport carrier/noise down considerably since primary switchover

On Mon, 14 May 2012, Jami Casamento wrote:

Gilbert,
I just got back from an extended weekend and I'm catching up on many
issues.  I see from your emails that you are concerned about the NOAAPort
signal that you are receiving.   I have contacted the NCF directly and
reviewed all of the status reports from the AWIPS NCF over the past couple
days and none of our 122 NWS WFO sites have placed any trouble tickets
based on SBN outages / poor signal.

One of the main objective of our contractor (regarding the SBN) is to
provide the SBN data to our NWS WFO sites and they are meeting this
requirement.

Please continue to keep me informed when you see any major changes with the
signal or if a majority of the NOAAport customers are experiencing any
issues (I always want to hear from our NOAAPort customers if there are
concerns!)

Stonie,
Thanks for including me on this email.

Thanks,
-Jami

Thank you, Jami, for looking into this, I really appreciate it...and no worries on a long weekend. :-) I hope we'll be OK during heavy rains, but, as you noted...right now, other than the lower C/N, I am seeing no issues on my end. One school I know lost their signal when this happened, but they have a dish that is considerably below spec. I'll continue to keep an eye on this. Thanks!

Gilbert

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/niu.weather                           *