Re: [ldm-users] [noaaport] NOAAport carrier/noise down considerably since primary switchover

  • To: wx professor <wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] [noaaport] NOAAport carrier/noise down considerably since primary switchover
  • From: Charles Watson <cwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:07:08 -0400
For what it's worth, we're seeing the same thing here in Savannah, occasional
big drops in the C/N ratio for a couple hours, then back to normal:

http://hurricane.methaz.org/tracking/noaaport/index.html

So far it hasn't caused any uncorrectables or dropped packets, but it is
curious.  Wrong time of year for solar interference - maybe a UFO :)?

Chuck

Chuck Watson
Watson Technical Consulting
http://hurricane.methaz.org,  Tel 912.398.9753

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
-- Homer Simpson