Re: [ldm-users] [noaaport] NOAAport carrier/noise down considerably since primary switchover

  • To: Charles Watson <cwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] [noaaport] NOAAport carrier/noise down considerably since primary switchover
  • From: Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:29:51 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 18 May 2012, Charles Watson wrote:

For what it's worth, we're seeing the same thing here in Savannah,
occasional big drops in the C/N ratio for a couple hours, then back to
normal:

http://hurricane.methaz.org/tracking/noaaport/index.html

So far it hasn't caused any uncorrectables or dropped packets, but it
is curious.  Wrong time of year for solar interference - maybe a UFO :)?

Yes, I am seeing the same thing here. The Kp index has been quiet,
and---while we might get brushed by the effects of a CME grazing our
planet later today and/or tomorrow---there aren't any space factors that
should significantly reduce reception at this time, or cause fluctuations
like what we are seeing.

Gilbert

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **